Pages

"Pongáio" was the name my Aunt Mona gave to a long, green, cool room where we gathered at her home —
replete with comfy chairs, a rocker, sewing machine, sewing goods, beautiful beads, shelves, books, bibelots, photographs, odds'n'ends, mementos of a life, treasures —
a gathering of all the useful & 'useless' things that so make life a pleasure.



Friday, April 08, 2011

April Ladies

Been out of posting mood for a while. A very upsetting beginning of the year. Now, I think all the bootstrap-pulling-upping is finally working.

Today, after a long abscence from quality blog-time, I visited The Girls.

Whenever I do come to the blog and give myself some short or long visiting time, these are usually the first I visit: Posy, Attic24, and Marmalade Rose.
So, why not post of this simple little ritual that brings me happiness.
A two-fold blessing: aknowledging the gift of their presence and getting a post written!

They always cheer me up (even when giving me that pang of envy by all their energy, lovely locations end crafty work!) I love their gorgeous photos. I love taking little or long trips with them to town, to the countryside, even to the supermarket; or just sharing, for a moment, a little bit of their lives.

They don't know of my existence as I'm pretty much of a "lurker", dreadful sounding as that word is. Although once I did comment at Posy's and once at Marmalade Rose's. Fiona, The Rose, kindly answered me back, a happy, warming moment. Although nice to receive, the "commenting" is not what is important: sharing their world through their blogs, these generous ladies share it with me, and this brightens my life.

3ladies

Note to Self:
Ok, ok, already!!! My conscience pestering me!
So: I like all the blogs on my list!!! (or they wouldn't be there, right?)
Some also are cockle-warming, some have fantastic decorating info, many are crafty, all with interesting and beautiful photos... It's just that these three I start with, like today, when I specially want some coziness.
There, are you satisfied? Can you give me some quiet now?

3 comments:

  1. Hello Karla!
    What a lovely post - you have certainly cheered me as here I am in bed with a stinking cold on the first day of the school holidays :(
    I have to agree with you about the other April ladies. Wonderful inspiration!
    Warmest wishes
    J
    Xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaaw Sweetie...thats sooo lovely, I'm filling up here! I'm really touched. I can't believe my little bloggy space is one of your first clicks! (big cheesy grin). I think we all have them and I must admit Attic24 and Posy are also two of my first clicks. Thank you very much K, I'm a bit giddy that you've grouped me with Jane and Lucy, oh the dizzying heights, lol. By the way, there's nothing wrong with a bit of 'lurking' sssh...I do it all the time.

    love fi x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I'm bobbing by too to say a "thank you" for such generous words, you are too kind! I think we all enjoy to be inspired, I know I do, I like to think we get back what we put in to Blogland, its bvloody marvelous isn't it??!!
    lots of love to you
    Lucexxxxx

    ReplyDelete