Pages

"Pongáio" was the name my Aunt Mona gave to a long, green, cool room where we gathered at her home —
replete with comfy chairs, a rocker, sewing machine, sewing goods, beautiful beads, shelves, books, bibelots, photographs, odds'n'ends, mementos of a life, treasures —
a gathering of all the useful & 'useless' things that so make life a pleasure.



Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Eivør Pálsdóttir



Eivør Pálsdóttir, from the Faroe Islands

Loose translation of the lyrics (added 17.05.2017)

 "Spellbound

  Spellbound I am, I am
  The wizard has enchanted me, enchanted me
  Spellbound deep in my soul, in my soul
  In my heart burns a sizzling bonfire, a sizzling bonfire

  Spellbound I am, I am
  The wizard has enchanted me, enchanted me
  Spellbound in my heart's root, my heart's root
  My eyes gaze spellbound to where the wizard stood"
— Sources, in Comments :  cay252   Eli Chilli

Perhaps joik, of the Saami people?

Here in a newer official version with lyrics... and more serene, if that be the word.



No comments:

Post a Comment