"Pongáio" was the name my Aunt Mona gave to a long, green, cool room where we gathered at her home —
replete with comfy chairs, a rocker, sewing machine, sewing goods, beautiful beads, shelves, books, bibelots, photographs, odds'n'ends, mementos of a life, treasures —
a gathering of all the useful & 'useless' things that so make life a pleasure.

Monday, August 16, 2010

Back, in August

Been a while now without blogging. I guess part of my cyber cycles. Buuut, aaalso...
(the eclipse post I had set up way beforehand to be posted on the right day! wink 2)

Besides a certain off-blogging feeling during the first semester, in May running against time to get everything ready for The Trip Across the Big Creek!
Yes, dearies... after I don't know how many years/decades, went to Europe with Hubby on a work/vacation trip. After a weekend of "work", TWO WHOLE weeks of REAL vacation... almost unbelievable!

This was in June, the actual trip. Before, as already very tired, felt like I burned up Tica and Teca (my two neurons) to get everything done, or at least set into motion: work, the carpenter, the upholsterer, ...

Getting back, I had a week of tummy upset. I think my liver had reached its max, although weight-wise I returned with a smidgeon less than when I went. This with wining and dining at the company parties, and then onwards having some delicious meals & wines throughout the rest of the trip.

Then, just when getting better from the tummy troubles, I forgot about my hurt left knee something-tendons, and danced away to goood 70's-80's dance music Saturday evening at our condominium's Festa Junina ... The next day I couldn't walk!
I hobbled to the sofa, bathroom, and back again during a week; another week a little better, but still stuck at home barely walking.

At the beginning of July, my son came home for a surprise weekend visit for his birthday, set up by my dear Hubby.

The next week, my out out-of-town client arrived for a week+some...

After, a week with several doctors' appointments, getting the yearly check-up routine started.

Then... On Sunday last weekend my Mom fell, broke her ankle and tore a ligament. From Sunday on, at the hospital with her, although, from prior experience, was able to hire a night nurse, so at least part of the night sleeping in my own bed. Had to get up at five, though, to get to the hospital in time to release the nurse. The surgery was on Tuesday late afternoon/early evening; home on Thursday afternoon.
Two whole months without setting her foot on the floor! So, wheelchair hired for her by my brother, and for the meanwhile, two nurses day and night. This weekend, I had a nap-a-thon, but batteries still running low.

Last night the weather changed: a cold wind shaking and rattling the doors and windows, and continues huffing and puffing now in the cold morning... and for some odd reason gave me a blogging urge!

I hope to organize and post pictures from the trip soon: lo-o-ots of windows, and doorways, flowers, good food, and other odds and ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment